Monday

history in pictures

tonight we went to my parents' house for dinner. sorted through some more childhood memorabilia, which is probably the most surreal experience of my life. i found my "corner," which was my version of a security blanket--i just carried around the torn-off edge of the blanket and rubbed it against my thumb all day (i have a scar). it's really the patterns/prints/textures of things that gets me. amazing the complexity of the reaction they elicit. here are two things i colored in probably in kindergarten or so:



and here is a picture of me re-posing as a zombie in front of my friend's painting where i initially posed as a zombie maybe 5 years ago:



i'm assuming it's not too self-involved to post pictures of myself. but that would also assume that it's not too self-involved to continue the emo log what, six months later?

5 comments:

Ryan W. said...

it's not self-involved. it's racist.

bender said...

unfortunately, he did not return with any new jokes.

Ryan W. said...

just the classics.

cathye said...

it's the best think i ever saw this week.

bender said...

see?? cathy leaves compliments, and for this, cathy's delicious and satisfying nutella crepe will have, like, GOBS more nutella than ryan's. and no, i don't mean anything racist by GOBS.