Tuesday

smarts

quick!

tried to jump the fence.

three hours at patient first.

no insurance. no x-ray.

steri-strips.

doctor smelling of camphor and other various antiquities.

--

the way a mother carries her grown child up the steps
i never knew that place was haunted
every time they close someone runs down the steps
reached over and it was a poodle instead
the horror

--

ryan, you should write an ode to my mother since you're reading on her birthday.
her name is pat. she has small teeth.
GO!

--

i have definitely 3 cavities. haven't been to the dentist since 18. never had a problem before. my body is going. when it goes, burn it and divvy it up and everybody do whatever they want, although i specifically request someone pay to have my ashes compressed into a diamond and wear it on their bling bling gold fronts.

2 comments:

nationofulysses said...

the HORROR!
no
more
fence
straddling.

we still eating thursday?

EATING
YOUR
WOUNDS.

xo
The Well-Balanced Buccaneer

Ryan W. said...

I'll see what I can do.
my mom will be present, tho, as a kind of living ode, should I fail to author one myself.